Monday, May 10, 2010

The late night meanies meet their match

Really just minutes ago, I woke from a nightmare. Sweating, twisted in my sheets, bladder on the edge of crisis, I could still feel the claws of unrecalled but tenacious monsters from my dream. I knew I had to shake this off. For weeks now, I've woken every night around three a.m. with a sense of deep anxiety. It has taken hours to shake it off, and a touch has lingered through my days. Tonight, accepting this wakefulness and interior darkness that feels like my deserved lot, I signed onto Facebook and got a short, sweet message from my daughter -- "Happy Momma's Day" with the following video.



I'll be going back to bed very soon. The monsters have been banished back to their caves by the brave and tremendous warrior that is my tiny, beautiful daughter. I am a richly blessed mother.

6 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

You have a wonderful daughter.

May 10, 2010 8:29 AM  
Blogger marigolds2 said...

Wow. What a great kid. You must be a wonderful momma.

May 10, 2010 12:31 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

She IS a gift...

May 10, 2010 5:43 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

I loved this video. Since I first became sick last Fall, I have had nightmares and wake up during the night, often finding it difficult to go back to sleep. I think our age works against us as well. I loved the video. On Mother's Day I was not feeling well. My son was meeting a customer and completing a job and the guy was very late so I didn't even see him. He called at 7:30 but I was about ready for bed. I love being able to go online in the wee hours of the morning. You feel less alone.

May 11, 2010 11:43 AM  
Blogger V said...

Perfect...

June 04, 2010 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog presence is missed. I hope all is well. Come back soon.

June 15, 2010 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home