Thursday, January 07, 2010

Covering my rear

Tonight I was reading about how the new FTC guidelines are more lenient with celebrities about endorsements than they are with "single media outlet" users, i.e. bloggers, so I thought I'd make a clear statement. I pretty much always have a book in progress. I'm also either purchasing all my books, borrowing them from my local public library or grabbing them off my own shelves, which means I've already purchased the book. I have been given books as personal gifts, but never as part of a commercial transaction with an endorsement in mind.

In short, I'm doing these reviews out of a sheer love of reading.

I'd welcome recommendations on good books to read, any type, any genre, fiction, non-fiction, any subject. Share with me what you've enjoyed reading. I'd love that.

3 Comments:

Blogger alphawoman said...

I just read Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier (Cold Mountain) and loved it. Very good. No Cold Mountain, but very good.

January 08, 2010 5:33 AM  
Blogger Virginia said...

Hanta Yo by Ruth Hill
Another place, another time, another way of living.

Virginia

January 09, 2010 2:02 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Just put down The Art Thief by Noah Charney ~ a pleasing puzzle pertaining to the pilfering of precious pictures. Very agreeable. :)

January 14, 2010 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home