Friday, April 03, 2009

PAD 3

The trouble with monsters

The trouble with monsters
isn't the claws
or even the fangs.
The growling at night is
worse than hearing
someone snore.
I hate sweeping
shed scales from
underneath the bed.
Cleaning slime
from the closet floor
is worse.
Just once,
I wish they'd tear
the blanket from my face.
It couldn't be worse than
the spoor.


This one was incredibly difficult for me. Then I let myself get silly. That tends to be the key to a lot of good stuff for me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger IndigoSunMoon said...

It's perfect Cynthia. I can almost envision you sweeping the scales from beneath your bed.
Love you,
Connie

April 04, 2009 3:23 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

What fun! Keep going, Cynthia. I'm proud of you!

April 04, 2009 4:16 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

As I commented...This is a keeper!
Loved it! TJ

April 04, 2009 10:08 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I love this one...

April 05, 2009 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home