Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Counting my blessings

On Saturday, the womanchild got her first car, a used Honda Accord, a gift from her grandmother. Today, the brakes went out as she was approaching a three way stop. Unable to stop, she went through the intersection and got T-boned on the passenger side door. She had a friend in the car with her. Both of them, Thank God/dess, were wearing their seatbelts. C.'s friend is a little banged up, but okay. The womanchild hit her head on the steering wheel and the car door. She got a big shot of demerol, and we have an unfortunately all too familiar list of head injury symptoms to look for over the next few days. The driver and passengers in the other car are similarly shaken up but okay. Both cars are totalled.

This happened while I was in my job interview today. My cell phone kept on ringing, and I turned the ringer off. I was thinking the call was something along the lines of "What's for dinner?" After my interview, I called while I was still in the parking lot. I immediately put my emergency flashers on and basically flew home. We did the ER thing, and the boyfriend called while we were there. He came over immediately and basically hasn't left her side since, even though she's been snoring in his lap for about an hour.

I really can't process everything yet. I just know the most important thing. My daughter is basically okay. I've got job interview followup to do, pictures to take of the car which got towed to another town. I've got to get the CD player out of the car. There are police and insurance papers to fill out, and I already had a page long to do list for tonight and tomorrow.

I'm going to pull a Scarlett tonight. Tomorrow will come soon enough, and I'll deal with it all then.

,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear god, Cyn... I am SO GLAD C is ok... shaken and stirred, but ok, and that everyone else is... OK.

:::::HUGS:::::

Enough of this karma, y'hear??

August 09, 2007 12:20 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Yeah, I have to admit I'm wondering who, what, when, where and how I was such a heinous bitch to merit this ride.

August 09, 2007 12:28 AM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I'm glad the womanchild is okay. And I hope you get the job. Those two statements don't seem to relate to one another, but...there you go.

C's not having much luck in the new-driver arena, is she?

August 09, 2007 4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praising God with you for the safety of your daughter and others involved! Praying he'll be with you as well as you deal with all the details.

August 09, 2007 2:15 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

I'm so glad everyone's alright! New drivers so often have the worst luck ~ but now you can tell her she's already had the worst experience a driver can have, and with caution and good fortune it'll be smooth sailing from here on in. (I'm convinced that it was the vehicle's bad karma, not yours, that was responsible; Carma! ;D )

Here's hoping you get the job if you want it!

August 09, 2007 2:25 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

OH MY!
Oh I am so thankful she is physically well...and you...You are well. I cant imagine!
Sending you my thoughts!

August 09, 2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OMG I am so glad she was ok! I hope her grandmother doesn't feel bad, she couldn't have known about the brakes.

Again, so glad it's only paint.

August 09, 2007 7:26 PM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

(())

August 10, 2007 2:57 AM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

I am SO GLAD she is ok, and everyone else, too. And yes, you have been through the wringer. I am hoping the job follow-up all goes smoothly and leads you right to where you want to be.

August 10, 2007 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I found your blog through Barb's blog bc I got blog plugged and she commented on my blog and so I clicked the link and it took me to your blog

At least everyone is ok! Cars.... Well they are replaceable. So I am glad that everything turned out good!

Happy Blogging,
Christopher

http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow330/ChristophersJournal/

August 11, 2007 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home