Friday, August 03, 2007

!@#$%

Today makes three job rejections I've gotten this week. The husband hasn't called to let me know he made it safely to his destination, and I found out through his mother that he did. If I didn't have enough signs that this is over, I ought to now. My unofficial daughter is getting married tomorrow on the other end of the state, and my car broke down as I was getting ready to head out. My own lovely woman child has told me to go f*** myself. If I had even thought of saying that to my mother, I would have been slapped so hard, my cheek would still be red, and every other parent in our community would have applauded.

Now that she's out of the house headed to her job, every profane word I can think of is pouring out of me. So are the tears.

All in all, I think I'm showing admirable self restraint.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

oh, a warm hug is headed in your direction. I know that when things really fell apart before I came here, it just seemed like it was one thing after another thing and another. Will and resolve feel like they are eroding and it is a struggle to take care of ourselves in the maelstrom.

I am sorry for this grief and turmoil, and just wish that I could sit with you and quietly support you for a bit.

You are an AMAZING woman!!!!!

hugs, judi

August 04, 2007 6:58 AM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Self-restraint? Why bother? go break something. With my blessings...

August 05, 2007 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home