Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A forced break

M y DSL modem died in the middle of a sentence this morning. What a joy. Since it was time to return books to the library, I decided to try once again accessing my blog from here. Normally, it won't let me. Blogs were as effectively blocked as sites, but I guess my PG rating banner let me slip through the system. Going without the Internet for a few days will probably be good for me. It's nice to withdraw sometimes and gain a fresh perspective. Goodness knows I've been scratching for things to write about here, so a few days away will probably do me good. Now let's hope I can get this thing fixed in just a few days. Cross your fingers and send your prayers.


technical difficulties,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Here I am, worried about you, and your modem goes on the blink!!

:::shaking modem::: GIVE!

I go through DTs when my computer equipment malfunctions. It's not funny, and I am seriously embarrassed by it, but it is what it is - a sign of the times. The world never seems so daunting as when it cannot be traversed by the speeds of light and sound.

Hurry back. Please?

July 03, 2007 5:38 PM  
Blogger Magdalene6127 said...

Hi Cynthia,

I'm sorry to hear about your tech problems. I go nearly insane when my computer lets me down (and, evidently, I take it very personally!)

I am wondering how to access your archives. I'd love to read about the beginnings of your weight loss odyssey, but there are no archive links on your front page.

Thanks.

Mags

July 05, 2007 2:11 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

OK consider my fingers crossed, and my prayers sent! Good luck!

July 05, 2007 9:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

We have been very fortunate with having no tech problems since changing to DSL from cable. There is something about our end of the neighborhood that burns out cable modems.

Hope your problem is shortlived!

July 07, 2007 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home