Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tagged

Gannet Girl got me, so here we go with the latest meme.

The rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3.At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.



1. I am an abysmal housekeeper, no matter how hard I try (and I really do). With four dogs, three cats, two blogs, one teenager and a lot of unread books around the house, I just can't seem to keep up. I'm almost not ashamed of this.

2. I adore red foods, strawberries, cherries, pomegranates, apples, beets, red onions (OK, so some of them are really purple), red bell peppers, some chilies, Tabasco sauce, ketchup, barbecue sauce, even that gooey stuff some restaurants pass off as sweet and sour sauce. Oh, I can't forget red hots, jelly beans, Jolly Ranchers, and M & Ms. ( I used to pick all the red ones from a bag first.) If something is red, unless it's bloody meat, I'm more likely to try it than not.

3. My favorite gemstone is the opal, but I no longer own one. Completely coincidentally, it's my daughter's birthstone.

4. While my favorite books are usually classified as literature, I love mystery novels. I can handle a nice cozy mystery, but I'm usually more game for the grittier ones like Patricia Cornwell's.

5. One of the no longer little known things about me is that I've written erotica that was published under a pseudonym. No, I won't say where or when.

6. I don't see a conflict between writing about sex and writing about my Christian faith. Both can be sacred. Both are appropriate in an adult life. The writings just don't belong in the same place.

7. When I read the newspaper, the first thing I read is the comics. It helps to have a little giggle before I get into the news.

8. The character trait I like least about myself is people pleasing. Assertiveness may be the hardest skill I'll ever have to learn.

This is the hard part of a meme for me, coming up with who to tag. so just randomly going down my blogroll, I tag Laura, Jackie, Milton, Gigi, Dave, Shelina, Robbie, and Jimmy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gannet Girl said...

On number one -- me, too.

Thanks for playing!

June 14, 2007 7:52 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Oh Cynthia!

Could be a title, that greeting.

You are now the second person in three days to invite me to tell eight interesting things about myself, followed by the first person, a few weeks ago. I did a post for the first. Same promise to you as to the first two:

If if can think of eight more things that are interesting and innocuous enough that I want people to know them, now sixteen more things, I'll do the post.

I'm going to cheat though. I did a post today about a part of my first week as a lawyer. It's about me and I thought it was kind of interesting as I experienced it, and again as I recalled it today. In my book it counts as one of sixteen.

June 14, 2007 6:23 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oh, Cynthia! ;)

You know I love you but honestly, I can't think of 8 (!)things about me that would be of the remotest interest to another living soul outside of my immediate family. And I'm not betting a whole lot on them.

Thank you for thinking of me! If eventually I do (or think) something interesting, I'll post... ;D

June 17, 2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Oh Cynthia,

I've kinda fulfilled my mission. I did a post today, a day late for Father's Day. There's as much about me as my Dad, so I think it counts.

June 18, 2007 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home