Thursday, June 14, 2007

News of the Day

Item #1: I talked with a school today about their program for Certified Massage Therapy. They're sending me an information and registration package. The next session begins in July and lasts for nine months. I also did a little market research, and Massage Therapy is considered one of the fastest growing fields in my state. Classes are in the evening, so it wouldn't affect my job. Now to come up with the tuition. I made it through undergraduate and graduate school without any loans, but that may not be an option this time around. I debt (hate it! it! it!), but it's something I've got to consider. I've got to do more planning, but this is something that could be viable.

Item #2: The womanchild, despite being convinced she would fail the test, passed her driver's license exam today, and is a legal driver. I'm as proud as I can be, and she's asked to drive me to work tomorrow so she can use the car. Heaven help me.

Item #3: I wrote ten decent pages of non-blog, possibly commercial writing today and have a new poem working as well. I also feel clearer and sharper than I have in awhile, also angrier and more disgusted, but I think those feelings are there for a reason. I think the emptiness of the other night served a purpose, and I just might be pulling out of my recent spiritual wasteland.

It's actually been a fairly rough day, but it's been a day I can feel good about, and that will do.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Wow! All wonderful!!!

June 14, 2007 7:16 AM  
Blogger more cows than people said...

ditto on gg's comment!

very. good. news.

hang in there.

June 14, 2007 7:29 AM  
Blogger Charlene ♥ NC said...

#1: Don't forget to check your resources for financial aid... As a tax payer it makes me happy to know that someone who is earnest about education and deserving may get a piece of that pie!

#2: Congrats to womanchild. Say goodbye to your car for a while.

#3: It's great to find the value of a trying time...

June 14, 2007 8:30 AM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Cyn, I am so glad you are feeling better and things are more clear. I like it so much that you're writing off the blog. I like it that you're looking into going to school. Please just make sure that massage therapy is something you want to do, irregardless of the promise of jobs. A lot of my students left BG to pursue these degrees only to find there were not as many jobs as were promised. Recruiters will tell you all kinds of things to get you into their programs. Whatever you do, just make sure it's something you love or think you will love. I like the tenor of this post: it sounds like you are moving onward and upward. xxoxox

June 14, 2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

Well, if you made it through, and can say that you feel good about the day, I'd say you came out ahead! Good luck with the Massage Therapy. I'd love to read more here about it.

June 14, 2007 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home