Thursday, March 08, 2007

The weekly weigh in, week 26

i'm still waiting for my insurance to pre-approve my next round of Weight Watchers, and that meant another week without a meeting. I've called them everyday for three weeks now. I had one return phone call four days ago. There is a short list of questions that have to be answered, starting with did your doctor recommend this program for you. I gave my answers and was told that I would hear back in three business days. I'm still waiting, but not giving up. I can't really complain. I feel grateful that my insurance is sponsoring this, and if waiting is part of the price I have to pay for something that's making me feel better in so many ways, I'll pay it.

I ate well this week. Though I used all of my weekly bonus points, there were several days when I failed to use my daily allowance, but it was because of lack of hunger, not restriction. I didn't stick with my daily exercise plan but did manage to exercise a couple of times this week. With the nightmarish week I had and my natural exercise aversion, I think that's actually an accomplishment. I know I didn't get enough water this week, but all in all, I feel like I'm soundly on track.

Tonight when I stepped on the scales, they registered a 3.8 pound loss. I think it's safe to say that I'm off the plateau. This week's loss brings my total weight loss to 55 pounds. That's a nice number for my six month mark on the diet. It honestly doesn't feel like I've been dieting that long. In my experience, diets feel odd. The food is boring, and the cravings for forbidden foods are incredibly painful. None of that is happening. The chocolate covered Oreo sticks I had this afternoon are proof of that. I eat my chocolate when I want it. Restaurants are still a bit of challenge, but I needed to eat at home more anyway. This just feels like life, except I feel more energetic, stronger and younger than I have in years. I look better too. I truly have an hourglass figure again (alright, so it's more like two hours...make that an hour and forty five minutes), and I'm loving that as well.

I have a question for those following my weigh ins. Now that the weeks are starting to pile up, should I change my headlines to the month and week? When I started diet blogging, it was mainly to give myself some accountability, but also to show some of the good and ugly truths about being on a diet. The time it takes to lose weight can be one of the frustrations, and I'm wondering if marking my next entry "Month six -- week one" would be a better reflection than week 27. I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Summary: Weekly loss -- 3.8 pounds. Total loss -- 55 pounds. Average weekly loss -- 2.1 pounds.

, , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Keep up the good work! I have a weight loss blog, but I haven't written in it in a long time. Bad Dana! Anyway, there is a great website link there that you might enjoy. I wrote some diet humor articles there as well. Actually, I need to get back to writing more. Good luck with your weight loss!

http://www.weightloss-articles.com/diet_humor_weight_loss_humor.htm

March 09, 2007 4:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congratulations! 55lbs - woohoo!

The hourglass figure comment cracked me up.


Chris
My Blog

March 10, 2007 8:49 AM  
Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Wonderful job! Just think what you can say by Christmas, "Last year at this time, I weighed _________ much, now look at me!

March 12, 2007 1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home