Thursday, March 08, 2007

Pondering


The Thinking Blogger Award is a meme, and I got tagged by Jodi. Thank you very much. Being told that I make someone think is one of the biggest compliments that I can receive. Realizing that what seems so personal and individual to me reaches other people gets to me. I'm honored.

The rules for The Thinking Blogger Award are simple.

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

In no particular order, I'm going to pull some of my favorites.

1. Theresa Williams-Author: writer, teacher, inspiration. She explores what it means to be creative, to be a writer, to be a thinking, feeling person in such a way that I always feel motivated to do more, dig deeper and make my writing more real. I always have to take some time after each entry to make sure I've absorbed it all. Smart as a whip, she's also funny and sweet as can be. Be sure and check out her videos and montages.

2. Search The Sea by Gannet Girl; minister in the making, teacher, former lawyer, possessing the kind of education I craved when I was younger. Every time I read her blog, I know she just gets it -- life, parenthood, religion, the whole big enchilada. She's so down to earth her potent combination of brains, heart and spirit doesn't intimidate but illuminates.

3. Lisa's Coming To Terms has never gotten the attention it deserves. She's simply one of the best writers out there, a beautiful poet, a sharp liberal political writer, and a businesswoman who's rediscovering the grit it takes to bring a dream to life. One of the things that I love about Lisa is that she doesn't run away from tough issues, whether they're political, personal or spiritual.

4. Chasing Moksha's Hah!: Love her or hate her, you can't read her blog without thinking. Nothing is too controversial, whether it's the politics or the personal aspects of race and gender or cellphones in a classroom. She knows her mind, uses her voice and doesn't mind getting under people's skin. We need people like her who aren't afraid to speak up.

5. Dave's The Quaker Agitator, and he constantly reminds me of the larger world and how my actions go beyond what I see as my little sphere of influence. He reminds me of the things that are too easy to forget, that we can't dare forget -- the deaths in this terrible war, the tragedies in Darfur, the daily actions of everyday people that affect the lives of others. He pulls this off without self-righteousness and encouraging actions that we can actually do to make things better. No saint, he'll also lay his own ethics out for exploration.

Go read these blogs, and you'll find yourself coming back for more just like me. I also highly recommend anyone in my blogroll. They can all give your brain a good spin.

Here's the original source for The Thinking Blogger Award.

meme, thinking, blogs

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been tagged! I'll get on the ball tomorrow. Getting compliments from you always means so much to me. I eat it up! (It's low in calories, too, although it does give me a fat head!) :-)

Thanks sweetie.

March 08, 2007 11:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Thank you, my friend. I'm afrad I might have alienated a few Christians this week... :-]

March 09, 2007 12:05 AM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

I was so stunned by your lovely compliment that I couldn't even respond last night. And such good company, too! Thank you, my dear, for your undeserved but nevertheless most welcome words.

March 09, 2007 5:55 AM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

PS: Lisa has started a great discussion about religion over on Coming to Terms. It is always such a pleasure to engage with her articulate and impassioned ideas.

March 09, 2007 6:09 AM  
Blogger Abadiebitch said...

A great compliment indeed coming from
a fellow thinker. I am never sure when I have been abandoned or not, but I do have a need to say what I need to say. Thanks for reading and being so patient.

March 12, 2007 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home