Saturday, March 17, 2007

A loss

i'd never heard of Col. Ted Westhusing until today, but I am mourning for him. His story cannot be ignored, and I strongly encourage everyone to read this article. It seems that very few people give much thought to the concept and practical application of honor anymore. Even fewer consider it a necessary component for their very existence. This story has gripped me and stolen my words. Col. Westhusing, his family, friends, peers, students and our country are in my prayers.

suicide, Iraq, honor

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I wonder if this is one of the stories that Laura Bush is referring to when she complains that the press only covers the bombings and bad things in Iraq. Because this is the first I've heard of this story...and it truly is tragic.

March 18, 2007 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home