Saturday, December 23, 2006

The weekly weigh in, week 14

I gained weight this week, 4.2 pounds to be exact bringing my total loss so far to 31.4 pounds. I deserve evey ounce I gained. This week I had to manage holiday parties, and well, I had a good time. I didn't go hog wild despite the noticeable gain. I didn't go for seconds. My alcohol intake was modest even by my can barely remember the last time I had a drink standards. I wasn't going to pester the hostesses with questions about the ingredients of every dish. Honestly, who wants to talk about dieting at a party (other than to receive compliments about how good I look)? Quite frankly, I thought that making more of a deal about my diet than refusing seconds would have been rude. So, yeah, I deserve to gain weight this week, and I don't regret it. Living well is better than dieting well any day.

Part of making this diet work means that it has to fit into my life. I am serious about making the changes I need to make, but I refuse to let this dominate everything I do. The last of my parties is over. I'm cooking Christmas Day dinner, and everything on the menu is something that won't stress my points allowance. I just think that it's important not to let the diet interfere in my ability to enjoy life and that indulging in rich foods and not tracking what I'm eating needs to be the exception rather than the rule. I need to remember that a few nights don't have to stop my progress in its tracks, and that my way to a healthier life won't be a straight line.

I also have a backup excuse. This irritating UTI has me retaining fluid like a freaking sponge, but it is getting better. So, I'm heavier this week than last, but I'm still considerably smaller than I was when I started. So far, so good.

diets,weight loss, holidays, Weight Watchers

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Cliff and I gained about that much too; In our whole year of eating right, the past two days have been the first time we've actually lost control totally. We're all better now, and very anxious to get back with the plan... starting today! I sent leftovers home yesterday with all who would take them, and dumped all the rest of the fatty stuff together so I wouldn't be tempted (except the turkey, for which I have plenty of good, low-fat recipes).

December 24, 2006 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home