Saturday, December 16, 2006

Stop the roller coaster

Ihad one little frustration after another at work today, and the busiest part of the day turned out to be the last hour when it was just too late to bring to project to a good stopping place. This means a lot of backpeddling either tomorrow or Monday. The capper is that the project that I was counting on to pay for Christmas now looks like it won't wrap up until right before New Year's.

When I got home, the womanchild ran out and said, "We have to get Bartleby to the vet now." I wanted to at least walk in the house and take a look at him. I knew it was hopeless. I held my kitten as he half fell and half curled up on my chest and died fifteen minutes later.

The husband who seemed to just drop off the planet for a few days was here when I got home. There has been virtually no conversation, but he did bury the kitten before taking over the computer for the rest of the evening. He misses the damn internet more than he does his family, but at least, I get to see his priorites clearly.

It looks like I have a UTI and can't get my antibiotics until tomorrow.

Bah freaking humbug.

bad day

3 Comments:

Blogger Gannet Girl said...

{{{{Cynthia}}}}

December 16, 2006 6:59 AM  
Blogger alphawoman said...

Yay!! I can comment and its easy today! Yay!!(keep fingers crossed)

Sorry about the kitty. Sorry about the husband. He does know they have computers at the library and any college/university that are available for the public?

December 16, 2006 7:49 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

This is the first time in so long that I could post a comment on your journal. Sorry about the kitten and the bad work day. In our house there is a ratio of one computer per person for sanity reasons. I think I might have lost it had I been you last night. Hope the weekend gets better. Take good care of YOU.

December 16, 2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home