Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Fair Warning

I am not a repository for every negative experience in your life. Do not call me if the only time you call me is to get sympathy because no one else will offer it to you. My time is as important as yours. My emotions are as important as yours. If you do not want an equal relationship where you care as much about me as you expect me to care about you, take it somewhere else.

If you cannot avoid using strong profanity in every sentence you speak, shut up and go read a dictionary to expand your vocabulary. Using a harsh word for emphasis is sometimes only appropriate. Using them as filler is just rude and offensive.

I refuse to listen one more time about how "they" are ruining life for the rest of us. I don't care if the "they" is men, women, Republicans, Democrats, Muslims, Jews, Pagans, Christians, young people, old people, poor people, rich people, gay people, straight people, Yankees, rednecks or curly haired, left-handed, pigeon-toed people. Look at yourself first and see if you're contributing to the solution or making the problem worse.

If you need help from me, ask. I will usually be glad to assist, pitch in an idea, review a procedure that's not quite familiar for you. I will not, however, do your work for you while you sit around chatting. I will not let you take credit for work that I have done. I will not automatically take the garbage jobs because I know how to do them and let you have the easy ones. My livelihood and stress level are as important as yours.

If you make a mess, clean it up. I am not your maid. If you make a mess in my space, clean it up NOW!

If you are hurt or surprised because I've spoken harshly, suck it up. I guarantee I've said the same thing sweetly at least half a dozen times that you ignored. If you want politeness and respect from me, you'd better be prepared to give those to me as well. If you think that this mood is merely hormonal, you're an idiot and not worth my time.

Notice has been served.

assertiveness

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops.

December 06, 2006 9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite part is where you say "suck it up" because you've already asked nicely several times and got no response.

December 06, 2006 10:11 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Had a bad day at the office, did we? ;)

December 06, 2006 11:54 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Sounds like you've had a bad day at the office. Hope it gets better. Soon.

December 07, 2006 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:::stands in awe::::

December 08, 2006 5:42 AM  
Blogger ren powell said...

I'm dumbfounded that no one is clapping yet. I'm clapping.

December 11, 2006 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home