Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Did you?

Today at noon, I walked into my polling place, and I was the only non-worker there. I asked the ladies behind the tables, "Has it been like this all day?" The younger looked at me and said, "This is the first breath I've caught since I got here this morning." We all smiled. I gave my ID, found my name on the list before the worker did, received the fumbling instructions on how to work the new touch screen system and fulfilled my responsibility as a citizen. HOO-RAH or maybe that should be BOO-YAH, or with respect to my geography, YEE-HAW! They ought to give out buttons or something, ink our fingers, give out coupons for proof of voting like restaurants give discounts for church bulletins on Sundays. I'm damn proud I voted. I want people to know.

This is my government, and I'm going to make sure of that. Try and stop me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Now if the machines are not rigged.....

November 07, 2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I dropped off my ballot yesterday (Oregon is a vote-by-mail state...) It took some time to figure out (we had a shitload of ballot mesures this time, mostly bad ones...) but I sucked it up and did my civic duty.

November 07, 2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Cynnie said...

When i lived in california , I always worked at the polls.
It was fun!..
But I was always the ONLY democrat..
republicans are MEAN

November 07, 2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger Virginia said...

Interesting to see your "I Voted" sticker. Ours reads "I Voted" in both English and Spanish.

Peace, Virginia

November 08, 2006 7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha BOO-YAA....haven't heard that since I left the South Bronx!!! YEE HAW...I heard that one in Oklahoma!!

The voting poll was empty when I went in also...but they also were taking a breath before the next wave hit!

doesn't it feel nice to vote??

November 09, 2006 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home