Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Keeping things new (with a taste of the old)

It was time to change things up around here again, so I got to play with HTML in redoing my template. One of these days, I'm actually going to try to design a blog template, but that's a long way off. The big change though was the title.

When I moved my blog from AOL to Blogger, I wanted to make a clean break and gave my blog a new title. A Crazy Quilt Life just never really fit me though. It felt way too jolly for my basically serious, though sometimes, unexpectedly and let's face it, adorably funny nature. A lot of people came here looking for a blog on quilting. Some of them have become readers and have blogs that I read as well. I expect to see my traffic go down significantly with the name change, but Sorting The Pieces just feels right.

That's what I do. I sift and sort through my life trying to find meaning, moments of awe and splendor, signs of redemption and healing, connections between disparate people and events, the threads that hold everything together. All of this introspection has taught me at least one thing, I have a hunger to understand my own life and the world around me. I'll never stop learning, and I'll never stop being amazed at what comes my way.

So, here I am, sorting my pieces still.

7 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

I always liked "Sorting the Pieces" best. Like your new look and your old name. Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome.

October 31, 2006 11:51 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Sorting the pieces still sounds like something quilty. I think subliminally you still want to be a quilter. :)

November 01, 2006 6:07 AM  
Blogger alphawoman said...

I'm glad to see Sorting the pieces back. I love the look (hahah) I am in the process of having a new template built for me! I'm hopeless with doing that kind of thing on my own. Or so I thought. I found (on my experiemntal jnl) the area where you can put a personalized header in!! I was amazed that I could do it!1 But, my new one is already being worked on...so we shall see. And...welcome back.

November 01, 2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Christina K Brown said...

Honestly I think we are all the left over scraps of lives...


I love you no matter what you call yourself.

November 01, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

It's funny. I guess I visited "Sorting" so often that I dinna notice it was back until I read the entry. As long as you don't go back to those 12 sentence paragraphs you used to use, I am happy to see "Sorting" back. ;-)

November 01, 2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger STAG said...

It is the content not the template which is important.

Same as life I guess...

November 02, 2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

"Sorting the Pieces" works for me, too. And speaking of change, when I first looked at your blog today, I'm sure the sidebar was on the right. I've been back and forth here while doing other things (okay, I'm easily distracted, but persistent), but I didn't imagine the right-hand side-bar, did I? Or have I been to too many cyberplaces today?

November 04, 2006 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home