Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Giving notice

Sometimes I think people are actually evidence of a tumble down the evolutionary ladder. After getting cussed out three times today, I'm ready to push the ladder away from the roof altogether. So, an announcement must be made.

If you think berating me with insults, using profanity and threatening to get me fired are motivators, think twice. I work on commission. That means I'm motivated to do business. I want people to want to work with me. I am the sort of person who can make this business a pleasure and will make things easier for you if you'll listen to me. I'll work long hours and tackle difficult tasks because I know that sometimes that is what it takes to keep the roof over my head and food on the table. It also means I have the freedom to say enough is enough. Calling me at 1:30 in the morning will not get your task resolved faster. I get paid for securing and closing new business within very strict guidelines. That doesn't include wasting my time listening to you vent about how women have hurt you. Making false accusations about me is a good reason for me to decide that I need to market for new business more than I need to close old business. So is your misrepresentation. Yelling at my boss because she believes me and not you accomplishes nothing. Goodness, you haven't even signed the contract agreeing to pay me for doing a job.

I am fully capable of setting my own priorities, and guess what, you just took yourself off my list. You and the minuscule fee you're complaining so heartily about are simply not worth my time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Must have felt pretty good to write THAT, huh? :-) Hope things get better. (((hug)))

October 10, 2006 11:28 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

This guy (gal, person) sounds like a real piece of work. Perhaps the Universe sends us assholes so that we can learn to appreciate the ones who aren't...

October 11, 2006 12:00 AM  
Blogger Robbie said...

Aren't you a mortgage broker? What is so important about closing at 1:30a?? Nutcases to the back of the line. Indeed!

October 11, 2006 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home