Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Thanks, memes and here we go again

I would like to thank everybody who suggested a topic for me to write about it. It helped me bypass the brain chaff that was cluttering the creative corner of my mind. This was a real challenge, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I still have one topic that I haven't covered, but that one requires a little research before I can complete it. (That darn Teresa always pushing me to think. By the way, please hold her and her family in your good thoughts. Her last journal post stated that her son was seriously ill.)

I would also like to thank everybody for the kind comments these entries received. Your remarks have been gifts to me. Because I did enjoy doing these entries so much, I'm going to open my blog entries to your suggestions again. If there is a topic you'd like to see me cover, just leave it in a comment.

Now for the fun stuff. I found this in one of the LiveJournal blogs I read regularly. I get a perverse joy out of making lists, and this one served as a good reminder to me to include more of these things in my life.

List ten things that make you happy (in no particular order), and then tag five people to do the same.
  1. Conversations with my daughter about things both serious and trivial when we relate to each other as humans, not just as mother and daughter.
  2. The smile on my husband's face when he thinks I'm being silly or sweet.
  3. Laughing with my friends over a bottle of wine, usually about the stupid stuff we've done together.
  4. Dark chocolate truffles.
  5. Christmas lights so far out in the country you know they were put up for the sheer pleasure of it, not to make a show for the neighbors.
  6. Surprising myself by writing something completely unexpected.
  7. Old black and white screwball comedies like Bringing Up Baby.
  8. Waking up before sunrise to the sound of the ocean.
  9. The individual smells of line dried laundry, coffee brewing, Aramis men's cologne, Jergens hand lotion and my Comfort potpourri made by our own hippie chick.
  10. Singing along to oldies in my car while I'm driving.

    Now for the tags. Since Jodi, Judith, Wil, Sie, Connie, Celeste, Karen and Paula gave me topics to write about, you're it! I know that's more than five, but I can break the rules if I want to.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I love "Bringing Up Baby"! It's one of my favorite movies. :-)

December 07, 2005 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome, C, and what a great job you've done! I did my list: http://journals.aol.com/paulajlambert/PaulaLambert-Author/

Love, Paula

December 07, 2005 3:58 PM  
Blogger Sie said...

Can I copy and paste yours? specially #7.. lol. Ok.. I will think and come up with 10.

December 07, 2005 5:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I came here because I wanted to show you my new profile and picture. I'm figuring this stuff out in baby steps... Still having problems with being able to SEE new posts in the body of my blog... Did you ever have that problem?

I like the idea of this post. Been feeling kind of blue lately, maybe a list of ten things that mae me happy would be just what I need right now. Maybe you could come by with a topic for me to write about, too. The technical challenges here have taken over the part of my brain that comes up with new ideas to write about...

December 08, 2005 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great answers Cynthia. I love the black and white movies also, espcially the Betty Davis or Bob Hope ones. Now I have a topic for you. "SNOW" We got 10" of snow yesterday and the city came to a halt. Something very soothing about seeing the Christmas lights outside with snow on the ground.

December 08, 2005 8:23 PM  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

Ayn said...
Saturday, December 10, 2005
List ten things that make you happy (in no particular order), and then tag five people to do the same.

Because Christina tagged me after being tagged by Paula who was tagged by Cynthia and asked the question what are the ten things that make me happy in random order:

http://Aynetal3.blogspot.com

Now I am suppose to pick out five people I'd like to see do this ... Who to pick? Hmm, I don't think it would be cheating too much to find people from within the community. I had help in this by going back to Cynthia's list and discovering:

Laurie, Candace, Lisa, and two new time favorites Gabreael and Louie!
So happy to meet you all!

Yep, Cynthia you've been thanked!

Our best,
Ayn

posted by Ayn @ Saturday, December 10, 2005

December 10, 2005 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home