Don't worry, be happy
1. My daughter. She doesn't just make me happy. She brings me deep joy, and she is an inspiration, even when she's sick and cranky like she was this weekend when she was home.
2. My dogs are always thrilled to see me when I come home. Unconditional love always brings happiness.
3. Ditto with my adopted cat (the amber eyed, redheaded stepchild in a family of beautiful and snobby white and gray blue eyed cats who deign to let me feed them). This animal thinks I'm the best thing since canned tuna.
4. The sound of children laughing. The best thing about my house is that it's across the street from a school playground.
5. My friends.
6. Laughing with my sister.
8. Music, whether it's the oldies I grew up on, the jazz I discovered later in life, or the indie music the womanchild is sharing with me. (Side note: She asked me to go to Bonaroo with her! That wouldn't be a bad way to celebrate my fiftieth at all.)
9. Blogging. My blogging friends have enriched and broadened my life. You inspire and uplift me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
10. Books, books, books. Whether it's literature or fluff, reading makes me happy.
A glimpse of the moon catching me unaware.
Being near water -- the ocean, rivers, lakes, heck, even a good, long hot shower.
The first time you catch a hint of spring or autumn in the air.
I'm supposed to tag someone who needs cheering up, but I'm just going to send this out into the ether and hope that someone will think about what makes them happy and find it.