Monday, February 22, 2010

Don't worry, be happy

I got tagged by Redsneakz to list ten things that make me happy. When someone tags you because they say they greatly admire you and it works well with your Lenten discipline, you have excellent reasons to cooperate. So here goes in no order, just as they pop into my head...

1. My daughter. She doesn't just make me happy. She brings me deep joy, and she is an inspiration, even when she's sick and cranky like she was this weekend when she was home.

2. My dogs are always thrilled to see me when I come home. Unconditional love always brings happiness.

3. Ditto with my adopted cat (the amber eyed, redheaded stepchild in a family of beautiful and snobby white and gray blue eyed cats who deign to let me feed them). This animal thinks I'm the best thing since canned tuna.

4. The sound of children laughing. The best thing about my house is that it's across the street from a school playground.

5. My friends.

6. Laughing with my sister.

7. Candlelight.

8. Music, whether it's the oldies I grew up on, the jazz I discovered later in life, or the indie music the womanchild is sharing with me. (Side note: She asked me to go to Bonaroo with her! That wouldn't be a bad way to celebrate my fiftieth at all.)

9. Blogging. My blogging friends have enriched and broadened my life. You inspire and uplift me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

10. Books, books, books. Whether it's literature or fluff, reading makes me happy.

Bonus happiness(es)

A glimpse of the moon catching me unaware.

Being near water -- the ocean, rivers, lakes, heck, even a good, long hot shower.

The first time you catch a hint of spring or autumn in the air.

I'm supposed to tag someone who needs cheering up, but I'm just going to send this out into the ether and hope that someone will think about what makes them happy and find it.

5 Comments:

Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

What a terrific, inspiring post! And I looked at Bonaroo; that would be a GREAT way to celebrate your 50th!

February 22, 2010 10:07 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

Loved this, it was great.
Sending some hugs today
(in NJ it's raining and snow is melting and yard is a mudfest.)
Hope sun is shining there,
Nelle

February 23, 2010 6:39 AM  
Blogger redsneakz said...

Outstanding list. I'm glad you rediscovered me, of course, and I should have said "joy," rather than "happiness." It can be argued that happiness is transient, but joy is transcendent.

February 23, 2010 10:50 AM  
Blogger marigolds2 said...

Great list. I posted mine in response to this meme a while back on WomenOn. At the time it made me think I should do a list of this sort at least once a week. It really helped me see how much good there is in my life. I hope it did the same for you. I love that you included "candlelight!!!!"

February 23, 2010 12:20 PM  
Anonymous interpret dreams said...

When i read the first lines of the post, i knew that i will be facing a new professional article from you..really good work..

March 03, 2010 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home