Tuesday, February 09, 2010

A good enough night

Several months ago, in a conversation with a friend, I mentioned that inside my head was about the most dangerous place I go. She laughed and said she knew exactly what I meant and followed it up with a line I'll never forget, " Bad neighborhood, Don't go there alone."

You've got to love friends like that.

Lately, I haven't been too good at following her good advice, but something has happened. A terrible mood of tears and panic attacks occurring multiple times daily just disappeared for no good reason. I could go down the checklist of problems and challenges and find every one still there, but tonight, it's just okay. Knowing me, it will all catch up with me again, but you know, so will some happiness. So will some peace. So will some laughter, and one day I'll get to share that with my friend again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

(((hugs))) wish I could give it to you in person.

February 10, 2010 2:20 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

Glad to hear that you are having some peaceful times. About ten years ago I went through a terrible ordeal with panic attacks. I joined a free support group and that did more to help me than anything else. I beleive this will all pass. Wishing you peace,
Nelle

February 10, 2010 4:58 AM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

So much forward and backward in this life.

February 10, 2010 5:57 AM  
Blogger marigolds2 said...

I'm glad that you are having respite from the Terribles. It is a mercy.

BTW, I left you a note on Gannetgirl's Labyrinth post, in answer to your comment there. There may be places fairly near to you for walking a Labyrinth. Do check it out. Walking meditation can help with panic attacks, as I know from experience.

February 10, 2010 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home