Thursday, April 09, 2009

PAD 9

I don't want to remember.
I've spent too much time there.
I see too clearly the two of us
holding the ends of a couch
on a city street,
laughing as we
wonder how we'll get
it upstairs.
I wonder if I can ever
produce again that outlaw laugh
we shared in our wedding getaway car.
The knowing looks are gone,
and so are the all night
backgammon games.
I still feel the night
when I sat on the bathroom floor
knees tucked tight under my chin,
cradling the pain in the chest,
and said, I can't stand this anymore.
Get help or get out.
Spare me from memory.
I can't handle it anymore.


The prompt was (duh) memory.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Maybe memory is a little too intense a subject right now...

April 10, 2009 12:08 AM  
Blogger Sarah S-D said...

i just got caught up on all your posts since april 1st. sorry to have gotten disconnected. i'm glad you're writing so much again!

peace to you.

April 10, 2009 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home