Tuesday, April 07, 2009

PAD 7

Ritual

At eight,

I slipped during my baptism,
as if I fought the symbolic burial
of submersion.
My resurrection came to the sound

of laughter.

It's the nature of those
who fear
the rumbling chaos within
to see each other as unclean.
As beasts

who relish the roll
in the dirt
we know

that it also renews.

Years later,

I immersed myself again,
not relying on another's hands
to prevent a downward drift.
Once, twice, thrice,

into the sea,
pulled by tide,
pushed by wave.
Light beckoned me upwards,
and I emerged,
salt crystallizing on my skin.

My weight fell to
the One

the All,
and together,
we laughed.

Today's prompt in two parts: clean and dirty.
This one is purely autobiographical.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Fascinating. This one links well with Robin's post today, and with mine at Women On...

April 08, 2009 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home