Monday, April 27, 2009

PAD 26

You taught forgiveness,
love and peace through parables.
He yells God hates fags.

The prompt was miscommunication, and I had to really struggle with this one. I just couldn't get the core image around which to build a poem to gel in my head. (By the way, that image may never make its way into the poem, but it has to be where I start.) It has only been sheer persistence that kept me from giving up. I can't quit this close to the end of the challenge, but I was darn near throwing in the towel. Then I started playing around with haiku, punning through misunderstood song lyrics ('scuse me while I kiss this guy). Finally, I got my image. What do most of us screw up because it's so far beyond our ability to really understand? What is so hard for us to communicate well? God.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

THIS is why I like haiku...

Very nice.

April 27, 2009 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home