Monday, April 27, 2009

Feelin' groovy

I love moments like this. Today I was dressing to leave the house for just one of those little daily errands. I didn't bother with makeup, quickly ran a brush through my hair and brushed my teeth, then looked in the mirror. I liked what I saw. I could still see every flaw from the dry, overgrown cuticles on my unpolished toes to the droop of this stomach. They didn't matter. I just looked good, from my pale face to the full ovals of breasts and belly down down the yard work scratched legs to my water retaining ankles.

My hair was shiny, my skin clear, my eyes reasonably bright after four consecutive days of migraine, the proportions lovely and oh so female. And, I just love the lime green top and white capris together. The flaws didn't matter. They were drowned out in the overall picture of the whole me. Some days the whole body image thing is just a battle, and other days, I just get it. Those are good days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I'm pretty sure I couldn't feel that confident without my makeup and hair in place. Good for you!

April 27, 2009 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home