Thursday, September 27, 2007

Stuck

Words seems to have abandoned me, and the same seven musical notes keep repeating the same progression in my head. I'm humming them over and over. Humming is usually a sign of a good mood for me, but it unfortunately drives my friends nuts. This is even getting to me. When I annoy myself, I'm really in deep trouble. A quasi-hermit can't afford not to be on good terms with herself.

What's killing me is this isn't a tune that I know, and I have a pretty good memory. Is part of this brain trying to scratch out a song? I can read music, but I certainly can't write it down. Though I can tell the difference between a C and an A when I hear them played, I certainly can't label a sound with its musical note. Where is that pocket recorder?

Oh, whatever muse is sending this my way, I'm really ready to move past these same seven notes?

humming

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Have you ever seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind...? :D

September 27, 2007 11:36 PM  
Blogger more cows than people said...

any way to record and post a sound file? i'm curious.

September 28, 2007 4:56 AM  
Blogger Loz said...

Try humming it backwards - that always helps me. I once started the 1812 overture with the cannon fire, scared the crap out of me and I never hummed it again.

September 28, 2007 6:19 AM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

I'd suggest it might be time to deliberatley hum a different tune, but I don't want to get you started ;-).

September 28, 2007 10:19 AM  
Blogger Lippy said...

This is so funny! There's a Jeep commercial that ends with a tune that's about 8 notes long, and it is stuck in my head right now!

Lemme know how you make it shaking yours loose. Then tell me how to get rid of it, lol

November 01, 2007 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home