Thursday, September 06, 2007

RIP



English translation

No-one sleeps....no-one sleeps,
Even you, O Princess,
in your cold room,
Watch the stars
which tremble with love
and hope!

But my secret is locked within me,
no-one shall know my name!
No, no, I shall say it on your mouth
when the light breaks!

And my kiss will break the silence
that makes you mine!

(No-one shall know his name,
and we, alas, shall die!)

Vanish, o night!
Set, ye stars!
At dawn I shall win!


No matter how many times I hear this, I still get goosebumps.

,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Yep...goosebumps.

He shall be greatly missed.

September 06, 2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

I watched it and wept... big tears, more than I expected to. But of course, part of it is about my ex-husband and me listening to Pavarotti early in my marriage. Isn't it funny that those things can still make me cry?

Pax, C.

September 06, 2007 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home