Monday, August 27, 2007

Silly Quiz du Jour

I have such a weakness for internet quizzes. They are just such a wonderful way to procrastinate. When I found the cookie quiz at Yearning for God, I had to, simply had to take this.

I've been really craving Oreos, but they're a dangerous food for me. I don't stop with Oreos when the craving hits, and the little hundred calorie packs are just a poor substitute. If it isn't a sandwich cookie with cream in the middle, it's not an Oreo, no matter what the label says. Other cookies though are safe. I can eat one or two. Looking at pictures of other cookies is even safer. It might motivate me to get into my kitchen and cook up a healthy sweet treat. I thought this quiz might even be good for me.

Getting my quiz results made me laugh.


You Are a Black and White Cookie

You're often conflicted in life, and you feel pulled in two opposite directions.
When you're good, you're sweet as sugar. And when you're bad, you're wicked!


Boy, did this one ever peg me. Isn't it interesting that I get these results the same week that I've spending time with the friend who called me "the paragon of paradox" ? (Isn't that just a wonderful nickname? I get these Rocky-esgue images of someone yelling it over a loudspeaker while I, as a philosophical boxer, am led flamboyantly to a ring where I then....what? Get the crap beaten out of me? Debate while dressed in athletic gear and boxing gloves? Heck, I don't know. I've had way too little sleep, and I'm getting tickled over my own weirdness. Always a danger sign.)

Anyway, I am a person very much aware of my own duality and pretty at peace with it. I run into more trouble when I try to banish an aspect of myself. I'm not all sweetness, light, comfort, purity and wholesomeness. That's very tempting for me until I overdose on it, and the world becomes too cute. Spare me from the fluffy bunnies and the smiley faces. Too much cute and I'll want to pull out an Uzi. Nor am I all equally tempting mystery, sensuality and dangerous fun. No, that way ends up dead in a gutter, and where's the fun in that?

So here I am, forging a road between darkness and light. It's definitely delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home