Saturday, January 27, 2007

Feeding the obsession

this afternoon, I took the womanchild and one of her friends shopping. While they decided to linger over Starbucks Americanos for awhile, I went to my favorite fat lady shop. My mother-in-law had bought me something that didn't fit, and I had a pair of unopened pantyhose from there that I wanted to exchange. One of the things that I like about this store is the measuring tape they keep in every dressing room. It hangs right under the sign that guides you through finding the proper bra size.

Well, after I tried on three shirts and two pair of pants that were obviously too large, I took my measurements. I did this eight weeks ago when I started a new daily points journal but haven't measured since. (The house gremlins have stolen my sewing box. I'm serious, the entire box where I keep at least a couple of dozen spools of thread, scissors, needles, pins, the measuring tape, etc. has disappeared. The gremlins did, at least, return the rosary that was given to my daughter when she started her one semester of Catholic school. It was missing for three months and showed up in the middle of her bedroom floor.)

Anyway when I measured, I found out that I've lost six inches on my bust line, seven inches off my waist, five inches off my hips and not quite four inches off my thigh. That's almost 22 inches in two months. I went to the one of the salesladies, told her my old size, my current measurements and asked what sizes I should be looking at. She pointed me in the right direction, and I found a pair of jeans about the same price as my exchange item, and ... drum roll, please... they were five sizes smaller than the last pair of jeans that I bought. I have to qualify that they are very stretchy, and they are still a little too snug, but they're five freaking sizes smaller than what I was wearing in September.

Lisa, you were so right. This was just what I needed. I may have had a rough week, but I've come too far to let a few bad days sink me.

, ,


8 Comments:

Blogger Jennfactor 10 said...

Wow! That must have been a beautiful moment! I swear that I am going to get back on the wagon! I want to be able to write a post like THAT!

January 27, 2007 9:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Told ya! (((Cyn))) :-]

January 27, 2007 9:58 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Happy that you're feeling better about things, Cynthia!

January 27, 2007 11:29 PM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Cynthia, you must feel so amazing about this! Wow!

January 28, 2007 7:30 AM  
Blogger Robbie said...

Stretchy - Smetchy! They are five sizes smaller!!! Congratulations for embodying your hard work. :-)

January 28, 2007 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yippie, yi, yo!!!!!!! Way to Go!!!!!

January 28, 2007 12:26 PM  
Blogger Christina K Brown said...

oh boy!!!!!!!!


What a great day at the store!

January 28, 2007 6:19 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Congratulations! Good for you.

January 28, 2007 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home