Thursday, November 09, 2006

The weekly weigh in, week 8

This wasn't an easy week on the diet. Because it's becoming routine, I'm starting to get a little sloppy and didn't track as well as I should. Because the program allows it, I've been eating chocolate, but I'm still not over thinking of chocolate as a "bad" food, one that I simply cannot have on a diet. I stayed within the parameters of the diet. I didn't exceed my daily and weekly points. It's not like like I went on a rampage in a Godiva shop, but I did hit the Halloween candy. I've been cooking a lot until this last week when I was invited to eat out on three separate nights, and I ate reasonable meals, not just salad and water. The guilt over enjoying good, delicious, rich food has been a little whisper in the back of my mind. Just how freaking low has my self-esteem been that I've felt doing something good for myself could only be done correctly if it didn't feel good? Oh well, that's an issue for another blog entry and a few more years of therapy. Anyway, when I stepped on the scales, I expected to gain this week but instead had lost another 2.8 pounds. Total weight loss so far: 27.8 pounds.


6 Comments:

Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Wow that is more than my grandbaby, coming tomorrow, at 20 lbs.! !

Congrats!!!!

Chocolate is not bad, said in the Dory voice "Fish is not Food." (Finding Nemo)

November 09, 2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Cynthia, that is FABULOUS.

November 09, 2006 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you!!!! gosh..I need to loose a few pounds myself....

November 09, 2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

There are no bad foods; our job is to learn to limit portions.

November 09, 2006 10:07 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

*yay!*

November 10, 2006 12:39 AM  
Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

Congratulations, Cynthia! Wow--way to go! This is the first chance I've had in forever to catch up on a little blogging and I was very pleased to hear this good news!

I've scrolled a few entries--very proud of you and the womanchild!

November 10, 2006 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home