Saturday, June 03, 2006

Flawed

I want to re-write this last week and erase a few things. I want to rub out having the deal I've been working on for the last two months get delayed for at least another six months. Getting lost on the county roads of Alcorn County, Mississippi would be gone. My tire blowing out during rush hour on a busy highway would become just a blank spot. There are some words I've said that I would really like to eliminate. I'd love to add in more real accomplishments, more energy and up the good times a notch or two. I'd laugh more and grump less, and my family would be amazed at how much more they got done once I was through with my edits.

It still wouldn't be a perfect week. I don't know enough to design a perfect week, and even if I did, my execution would probably be flawed.

If I hadn't had the blowout, I wouldn't have eaten out Thursday night. If my business deal hadn't gotten delayed, I wouldn't have found out that my client feels I've earned considerable trust and loyalty. If I hadn't gotten lost, I wouldn't have seen five deer bounding over a field. When I lost my temper with my family, important things as well as ugly and hurtful things got said.

OK, I need to embrace my imperfections and celebrate how they make my life special. Somewhere, I get this, and I just hope that I have a wonderful, delightful, surprising and imperfect day.


6 Comments:

Blogger Virginia said...

Judi is amazing in how she gently keeps pushing me to see the possibilities a situation might bring, to see possible positive outcomes.

Peace, Virginia

June 03, 2006 7:47 PM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Thank God for the deer.

June 03, 2006 7:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

This is almost a "good things" list. Very much in the same spirit. :-]

June 05, 2006 1:06 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

I am always in awe with people who have that " perfect everything" how can this be. I may go a week or a month and then bam! From no where come one thing after another just enough to tip me over...laughing. I quit smoking, going on my 3 rd weeek...I could not begin to tell you how hard this is for me! A bullet to the head at times would be a blessing!
laughing
love TJ

June 06, 2006 5:09 AM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

How inspiring to find the silver lining around every cloud.

I've missed you!

June 09, 2006 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

June 10, 2006 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home