Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A good awakening

Seven hours sleep. Ahhhhhhh. I don't remember the last time this happened, and I'm almost stunned by how different it feels. My head isn't buzzing. I'm not dizzy. The jones for coffee feels more like a delectable, small luxury to be savored while starting my day than like the junkie's fix to avoid pain. This feels better than a good yawn followed by a good stretch. It's been too long since I really enjoyed my early morning hours. A lifetime of training means that I cannot help but rise early. Trying to fill my days with responsibilities, goals and desires means that I stay up way too late.

It's time that I let something other than sleep go. I feel like I could go walking and actually enjoy it. The items which auto-fill a mental to do list have an aura of potential fun, even though they're work responsibilities. I can see past the activities to the results which will follow, and damn that feels good. It's so easy to get caught up with the actual activities, rather than why I'm actually doing them. It's startling to realize that inadequate sleep has meant a loss of vision. Heck, maybe this is why I haven't been able to write anything worthy of the ink.

It looks like just maybe there is something to this taking care of yourself stuff after all. It would be nice to remember this and build something more on it. In the meantime, a misty day beckons, and it looks good.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I know they say it is very important to get enough sleep.....and that enough can vary from person to person. Hope you can have the right level for you more often.

May 31, 2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

I feel the same way when I MAKE myself get enough exercise. The endorphin action is more than worth the effort. Still, I can't seem to embrace the whole exercise thing enough to just make it a part of my life. Why do we do that?

June 01, 2006 12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

June 10, 2006 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home