Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Argh

It's been one of those days in one of those weeks. I got some pointed reminders about human nature today. I'm not up to full rant speed, but I can at least do some growling.

Thing one: Never send a man to do a woman's job. Sexism is rearing its ugly head, and you can call me on it. Right now, I don't care. If the job requires lifting or toting, I'll call you, no questions asked. If it requires thought, tact, and a trace of compassion, I need proof you're up to the task.

I really do know better than this, but damn, sometimes you guys just make it hard to remember.

Thing two: This world is full of liars. Deal straight with me, and I'll work my butt off to help you. Lie to me, and not only are you on your own, but I'll laugh when you get caught in your own trap.

I'm a Cancer, a crab, the dreamy, moody moonchild of the zodiac. My shell can be as soft or as hard as I want it to be, and sometimes you need to watch out for the claws.

5 Comments:

Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Oooh those claws sound painful.

April 18, 2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Thing One: My husband is hopeless at grocery shopping :)

Thing Two: I'm with you. I HATE liars.

April 18, 2006 11:59 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Thing Three:

The Weighing
by Jane Hirshfield

The Heart's reasons
seen clearly,
even the hardest
will carry
its whip-marks and sadness
and must be forgiven.

As the drought-starved
eland forgives
the drought-starved lion
who finally takes her,
enters willingly then
the life she cannot refuse,
and is lion, is fed,
and does not remember the other.

So few grains of happiness
measured against all the dark
and still the scales balance.

The world asks of us
only the strength we have and we give it.
Then it asks more, and we give it.

April 19, 2006 1:58 AM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Well, being that I am a woman, I'm feeling ok about hanging out with you today.

April 19, 2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger beths front porch said...

thing one - Next time you need to send a woman to do a woman's job, I hope you'll ask me :-)

thing two - liars. How do we keep them from making us jaded? That scares me!

Hope all is going better with you. I like hearing your rants! ~Beth

April 20, 2006 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home