Thursday, June 28, 2007

Friendship

Tonight a friend of the husband's came to visit. He didn't stay long, because when he found out we were without air conditioning, he left to get a couple of window air conditioning units that his family was no longer using. Now, I know he's a night owl, but he and the husband started installing these around midnight. Since I went to bed then, I don't know know what else they did, but when I woke up a little while ago, they had just finished putting in the second unit, and it was blowing cold air.

Long, deep sigh. Comfortable sigh. Comfort for the first time in weeks.

This is friendship. This guy is my husband's friend, and he knows we're separated. He also knows the frustration I've had with my husband and the patience I've exercised. He and I are just so different that I never thought he was all that fond of me personally, but he wouldn't stand for us being hot when he could do something about it. This is the same guy who assembled my computer desk in a few hours after the husband had promised for over a year that he would get it done.

I never want to take this friend for granted again.

friendship

3 Comments:

Blogger TemplarKnight said...

I'm glad you had somebody looking out for you...its good to have friends.

June 28, 2007 4:25 PM  
Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

He is a true friend...and they're hard to come by.

Judi

June 29, 2007 12:09 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

Many people say they are friends but their actions are what separate the real friends from the ones who just think that they are friends. True friends are such a blessing.

June 29, 2007 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home