Thursday, November 16, 2006

The weekly weigh in, week 9

Sometimes you just know that you're not doing things the way you should, and when you're tracking your food, it's easy to see. There is more to Weight Watchers than just staying within one's daily points, and this week, despite the fact that my individual meals were well within the fat and sugar content they were supposed to have, I knew that I just wasn't getting enough fruits and vegetables. This was also the first week where drinking all my water was a challenge.

It kills me what a creature of habit I am. I was back on the road after several weeks of being in the office, and my daily routine had a different rhythm. Water just didn't fit in as well. I don't know why. It's not like I'm not used to eating while I drive. I just know that these are things I need to watch. I think that I'm also starting to get that I can still enjoy food while I'm on a diet, and that's just surprising and delightful. The obsession about what I'm going to eat is beginning to shift from what can I eat to what would I like to eat that still works with the diet. That makes it feel less like a responsibility and more like a habit, which is definitely good.

I only lost .4 pounds this week, bringing my total weight loss to 28.2 pounds, an average of roughly 3.13 a week. I really thought that I would have lost more, but I blew it off in seconds, and that was my second dieting surprise. It would have been more traditional of me to be really disappointed, stew about it, and then eat it about it. I think that I might actually be starting to get it.


3 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I find that when I "level off" for a week with my weight loss, it's as though my body is just resting up for a nice loss the next week or two.

November 17, 2006 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, get some of those Sam's choice water bottles and Great Value Peach Tea favoring....good stuff and quenches your thirst, so easy to drink.

November 17, 2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

If I am going to be somewhere NOT near a toilet, I have a hard time drinking all my water, too. It goes right through me..LOL!

November 18, 2006 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home