Thursday, November 16, 2006

Blogiversary

Yesterday was my third year anniversary as a blogger, and tomorrow marks one year since I moved my blog to Blogger. All I can think is, "What a long, strange trip it's been." I take that back. A few more stolen words come to mind. "Blogging has been berry, berry good to me." (If that doesn't reveal my age, what will? Does anybody else remember those original cast SNL skits?)

AOL was very proud of the community nature of its blogs, and I'm grateful for it. It's because of AOL journals that I found Lisa, Robin, Theresa, Vicky, Paula, Paul, Christina, Judi, Virginia, Celeste and so many more. Please don't be offended if I didn't include your name, my list of AOL blogs and exiles is extensive. You are my virtual friends, my teachers, my mentors and I just feel lucky that this medium creates opportunities to connect with people I wouldn't otherwise get to meet. You have broadened my world, and now with Blogger, I'm finding more.

My blog is so many things to me, source of friendships, hobby, time sucking black hole, creative challenge, technical challenge, but primarily, it's a source of gratitude. By blogging, I rediscovered that I actually do have something to say that other people find worthy. That helped me see the worthiness of my own point of view regardless of what other people thought of it. From there, that then helped me in the process of reclaiming my identity as more than just wife, mother, daughter, employee, friend. I had gotten lost in the responsibilities of my life, and now, I know where I am again. Blogging isn't the only reason that this occurred, but it sure has helped.

Blogging has exploded in the three years I've been part of this medium. It's reached levels that I never anticipated and gone places that I don't want to go as well as showing me areas that truly inspire and encourage me to broaden my horizons even more. For that, I thank you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Virginia said...

And we thank you for blogging!

Peace, Virginia

November 16, 2006 8:14 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Happy Anniversary and many, many more years of happy, healthy blogging.

November 16, 2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger Lisa :-] said...

Hey...you stole my line...! Great minds think alike, no?

Blogging has been quite the experience. Frustrating, exhilerating heartbreaking, envelope stretching, all at the same time. and such opportunity to make friends! I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

November 16, 2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Happy blogiversary! I agree with all that you have said. We all feel the same about you. I always feel a rush when I go to bloglines and see you've posted again. I just hope you get into gear and work on getting some publications. If this was the world as I wished it to be, you'd be a syndicated columnist, making money from what you do so beautifully, writing!

November 16, 2006 11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to think I knew you when! LOL Congratulations on your long tenure!

November 17, 2006 8:18 PM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Happy Anniversay! I am so thrilled to have "met" you in the blogiverse. Your writing is always thoughtful, always engaging, always challenging -- thank you for what you share and the skill with which you do it.

November 18, 2006 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home