Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday

This used to be a day that I dreaded when I was working in retail. I loved the numbers and seeing the sales jump, but it was absolutely exhausting, and you can sometimes see the absolute worst behavior in people. You have to pay me now to get me to go to a store today. If you are out shopping today, remember the sales staff are people too, and more likely than not, their feet are killing them while they're doing their job. Smile, wish them luck. They will need it.

Just for fun, I put a poll in the sidebar. Give it a vote.

The poll results were unanimous, and sensibility ruled. No one who answered was shopping today.

Black Friday, poll

3 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

One of my earliest jobs was Christmas help at the NY Macy*s. Because I had nice handwriting they put me to work writing children's names in glue and glitter on Christmas stockings as related to me by the parents. You would not believe some of these people ~ "That's not how you make an "M" you little idiot!" ~ "Everyone knows 'Gracie' is spelled 'G R A S E Y!"

Oy. And bah humbug. ;)

November 24, 2006 3:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I voted:)

Chris
My Blog

November 24, 2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Virginia said...

We did finally go to a commercial establishment on Black Friday... I convinced Judi we should go to dinner - a restaurant not near any significant shopping centers - (and because I realized I needed something at the grocery store). We picked well, it was quiet and peaceful and the restaraunt owner served us himself.

Peace, Virginia

November 25, 2006 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home